Monday, April 4, 2011

ASSIGNMENT FOR WEDNESDAY!

Convince your classmates to do something out of the ordinary.
Pick something and provide us with reasons to do it. Have at least 5 reasons.

The first time:
• Use formal language with signs used as their exact citations
• Pretend your audience are professionals and you need to sell this to them

The second time:
• Use informal or conversational language usage. Modify signs to suit your needs for rapid discourse
• Pretend your audience is a group of your peers and you are pressuring them to do this


Your language usage should be appropriate for your audience and obvious for us to identify and see the difference. This skill is crucial in developing your fluency skills. This is the next level of learning ASL.

For Wednesday do the same thing but convince us to buy something!!!!! Research a product and provide us with factual information. This needs to be typed in ASL and brought to class for Wednesday’s participation points. You need to do this formally and informally/conversationally. Please provide a visual aid.

Please use class time productively. I NEED you to sign at all times. You are only hindering your development and also not being respectful of this classroom setting. This classroom setting is casual but that doesn't mean that is taken advantage of and you do not do what I ask of you. You can talk all day, please give 65 minutes three days a week. it is frustrating to say the least and it can be offensive to me and your classmates.

3 comments:

  1. I am sorry about class today since I was the one to initiate it towards the end of class... My appologies guys. I will not from now on, I did not mean to be disrespectful, sorry for upsetting you. =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't put it all on yourself Jeff it's not your fault. I think we sometimes forget that we even do it and we don't mean to be disrespectful.
    ....Sorry again Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeff it wasn't your fault. We all are guilty of doing it. It is a natural reaction for all of us to talk since we are so use to doing it. Like Amanda said we forget sometimes that we need to sign when we are there. I know I am trying hard to remember that but when I don't remember I am in no means trying to be disrespectful.


    Sorry :( Will try my best to stay in sign!

    ReplyDelete