Monday, October 18, 2010

Blog #7: ASLfilms


Please view
http://aslfilms.com/

ASL Films is an independent, deaf owned and operated production company for all feature film media. Founded in 2005 by partners Mark Wood and Mindy Moore, ASL Films is committed to creating sophisticated entertainment with an appeal that both inspires and rewards sponsors and audiences alike. At its inception the company made its first mark producing a feature length film, Forget Me Not which was a huge success that earned many raves and encores from all over the country.

ASL Films has recently produced another feature length film, Wrong Game that gave ASL Films the reputation of producing cutting edge films in ASL specifically tailored for audiences that shares the common language.

The company is currently preparing for another production, The Legend of The Mountain Man, a family adventure and drama that follows children from a dysfunctional family that were sent away to their grandparents and there, they encounter a unknown creature. The film will make its debut in Fall 2008.


These films are completely signed in ASL! They look amazing and I would love the opportunity to watch one in class. Please view the trailers for all of the ASLfilms and comment on which one you would like to see in class and why. Browse around and comment on what you learn.

Cool huh?

I cannot wait to see what you pick!

Monica

13 comments:

  1. I watched all the trailers, and I have to say I'm 100% in for Black Sand. I'd love to see a horror movie done completely in ASL.

    I'd think it'd be beneficial for us if we watch any of these to stop every half hour or so and discuss what has been happening. I got most of what was being signed but I know I missed some and to revisit it would keep me on track for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok,
    So i hate scary movies but it would be awesome to see one done in ASL. My vote is for Black Sand. It looks creepy and the trailer was very intriguing :) We should definitely watch one in class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im going with Jared and Hilary on this one. Black Sand looks very interesting. I would also have to say the Gerald one looks pretty cool too, it makes me wonder what is wrong with the man.

    Just a side note, did anyone think Wrong Game looked like the Saw movies?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So if we can only choose between Black Sand and Gerald I pick Black Sand. I was having a problem viewing any of othe other movies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also had a problem viewing most of the movies. Where do we find trailer of them to watch. But just reading the descriptions of the movies I would like to watch either Gerald or Wrong Game.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i would go with the leagend of the mountain man because it is family friendly and it is not scary. The other ones look really creepy and i hate scary movies..

    ReplyDelete
  7. TOTALLY diggin the Black Sand one. Seemed the most appeling one to me and not so cheesy like as the Legend on the Mountain or whatever it is called. The other one that I kinda wanna know more about is the Gerald one.What is happening, why is he acting like that? I'm not sure but the Black Sand one seemed pretty good. That would be my first choice. If people don't want the scary movie, I kinda liked the don't forget me movie. Seemed not so scary but more like a harsh version of drama. Kinda wanna know why the visitor is acting the way he does in the trailer
    -jeff

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think we should just get them all. Then we don't have to make a choice and we get to see a variety of ASL movies :D . What does everyone think?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha yeah, sounds like jeff wants to see them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ok, so i figured out how to veiw the other movie trailers, I deffinitely pick The Ledgend of the mountain man! I think that it is a good family film and it looks less cheesy than the other films. Also I understood a lot more sign on that trailer. But Black Sand looked alright too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i agree with amanda, but these movies are kinda exsepensive.

    ReplyDelete
  12. HOW TO SPEECH ORDER

    Wednesday
    1. Josie
    2. Jazmine
    3. Haley
    4. Jeff
    5. Morgan

    Friday
    1. Amanda
    2. Emily
    3. Hilary
    4. Jared

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful post. I think it is very informative post. celebrity interviews

    ReplyDelete